Sunday 16 March 2014

| Portraiture Photography |

These photographs show a bit of what I'm trying to go with my concept. Personally, I think that most of these photos capture the idea of identity and they've interpreted it in a way of pushing into society to try and fit in. 

I really like this photo of this girl. She has grasped the idea of loneliness and has 
separated her actual face with a duplicate on paper. I think what this photograph 
is trying to say is, that hiding yourself or your identity behind closed door is something
young people tend to do. To show who are and where you belong to is something we
should all be proud of. 


In this image we recognise a man looking outside from inside a room I suspect.
The shadows that reflect onto his face shows maybe insecurity. Being held up in a 
room wanting to just go out there. The closure through the binds shows what is 
outside compared to how feel as an individual.

This is my favourite image. This photograph by Senol Zorlu captures the concept
of identity. I've interpreted this image as an image of a poor little girl trying to reach out.
She has been identified as a little girl 'trying' to come into this world but is difficult
due to the small hole (pathway) she is trying get out from.  

2 comments:

  1. Lighting, reflections, shadows, play with trompe loeil, all present in these photos that you have here. also, a slightly diagonal line exists in them all. its not hugely exaggerated, but it is there. a way of noticing these things is too quickly sketch up a compositional sketch of each one, where you demonstrate how the form and the space exist within the picture frame. doing this, makes it really explicit/clear and obvious how those two things work together and what other leading lines, repetitive elements etc exist in the photo. I'm thinking that each time any of our year 12 and 13 students post a photo online of an artist model, that I want one of those sketches next to it. Then, I feel like this will help inform the following shoot more obviously. All of these photos are really good. I like these choices you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE BOTTOM ONE! You should try doing that one :) looks abit complicated :) But I know you can do it, the bottom photo can be like your trying trying to combine different cultures together, yano :) Or do one like this but do people maybe facing away from each other could represent the conflict between the cultures. BUT LOOKS GOOD :)

    ReplyDelete