Monday 17 March 2014

| Identity ~ Knowing your Roots |

Now that I have decided what concept I'm doing, I have started taking photos of students with different backgrounds. As Sarah Cheng-De Winne shows in her photos the importance of women and how they express themselves, I have used that concept on Tess Harding, a Year12 Art student. I spent my last 15 minutes taking photos of her. She is going to be one of my models for showing the idea of identity and where you come from. Tess is Chinese/Maori. I have used her to model out a few gestures of closure, loneliness and culturalism.
I am also planning to use :
  • My sister Estelle ~ Tongan Girl
  • Begi Ah Lam ~ Samoan boy
  • Vanessa ~ African
  • Vangie ~ Phillipino 
  • Craig ~ Pakeha
  • Rawiri ~ Maori
  • Nikita Devi ~ Indian
  • Kingston ~ Cook Island
These are some of the shots that were taken of Tess. They're not the greatest photographs but it's a start.














4 comments:

  1. can you work on colour correction and also play with how you could format these together as a block that is lots of photos but one photo... look in vitamin Ph book, there is an artist in there, that I think Courtney used last year too, with similar formatting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to be able to go down the list and click 'like' on the ones i like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! i love your concept of using different cultures!! so cooooool :)

    ReplyDelete