Monday 11 August 2014

| Valeriya Kutsan Practice |

These are three of four of my models for my panels. I printed these photographs in black and white; and adopted the idea of Valeriya Kutsan's, painting her models face with white paint then adding the layer of black on top to create an optical illusion on the individual. But in this case to creare the essence of where wach of these individuals come from. 


1. Begi has a coat of white paint first, instead of the black. This was intended to bring out the red streaks on his cheeks. The red streaks symbolise the cultural importance of performing as a Samoan year 11 student.

2. In the middle photograph, I've coated Rawiri's face as well with white paint. This was to separate the Maori flag from the face itself. If I was to coat it black, the black part of the flag would blend in with the rest of his face. 

3. I coated Vangie's face with black first. I then painted across the Philippino flag. Vangie is from the Philippians.

No comments:

Post a Comment